Yeild: ~220g / ~8oz
Total brew time: 60 seconds
- Coffee: 30g
- Water: soft, filtered
- Filter: paper, doubled
- Brewer: inverted
- Heat water to ~98°C / 210°F
- While water is heating— use this water to rinse filters in cap, set aside.
- Grind coffee to ~7 or 8 out of 10, where 10 is the most coarse. Add grounds to inverted press.
- Start pour from an outer rim of the grounds, creating a dry floating island of grounds in the center just before completing ~80g to 100g pour, just after all grounds are saturated. Pour should take ~10 seconds, start to finish.
- Stir ~2 rotations per second for 10 seconds.
- Steep timer starts after stirring = 40 seconds.
- Install filter cap. Gently press out excess air.
- Just before steep timer completes, use scale to tare the weight of your coffee cup to zero. *To avoid damaging your scale, do not press coffee into this cup while it is still on the scale.
- At steep timer completion, flip and press into cup. Place cup back onto scale, revealing your raw yield.
- Add water to achieve a total yield of 220g, more or less to taste.
- Cool coffee by decanting between two cups, until desired temperature is reached.